How to use Natural Detangler
Every hair type comes with its own set of challenges, and one common problem most parents face is tangled hair! Whether your little one has straight, curly, or wavy locks, managing knots and tangles can be a daily struggle. Thankfully, No Nasties Kids natural detangler has come to the rescue, providing an effective and gentle solution for smoother, more manageable hair.
Depending on your little ones hair types, here are the best ways to use the Detangler spray.
Understanding Their Hair Type
Before delving into the specifics of using the detangler spray, it's essential to understand the hair type you are working with. Here are some common hair types and their characteristics:
- Straight Hair: Straight hair tends to be fine and can easily become flat and limp. It is prone to tangles.
- Curly Hair: Curly hair is often thick and prone to frizz. It forms tight coils or loose waves, making it prone to knots and tangles. It can also dry out quite easily and is at it healthiest when well nourished.
- Wavy Hair: Wavy hair is a mix between straight and curly. It may not be as prone to tangles as curly hair but can still benefit from detangling and nourishing.
- Coily/Kinky Hair: Coily or kinky hair has tight, spiral-shaped curls. It's prone to shrinkage and tangles, and detangling is often a crucial step in hair care routines as well as deep conditioning.
Using No Nasties Kids Natural Detangler Spray for Different Hair Types
Now that you've identified your hair type, let's explore how to use natural detangler spray effectively:
- Straight Hair:
- Start with clean, damp hair. “Damp” is important! If you spray our nourishing Detangler Spray into dry straight hair it will feel heavy and even sticky. It will not feel at all that way when sprayed into damp or wet hair.
- Spray the natural detangler evenly through your hair, concentrating on any areas with tangles.
- Use the No Nasties Kids Detangler Brush to gently work through the tangles, starting from the tips and working your way up towards the roots.
- Style as desired.
- Apply the detangler spray to wet or damp hair after washing.
- Use your fingers or our gentle Detangler Brush to gently separate knots and tangles, starting from the tips and working upwards.
- For more stubborn tangles, use a wide-tooth comb or No Nasties Kids Detangler Brush which is great in wet or dry hair.
- Style as desired, and allow your hair to air-dry or use a diffuser for a natural look. You can also spray a little detangler into the palm of your hands and run through the hair after drying as an extra leave in conditioner which is crucial for curly hair.
- Check out our Curly Care Video Here
- Apply the detangler spray to wet or damp hair or spray into the palm of your hands and run through dry hair.
- Use your fingers or the No Nasties Kids Detangler Brush to gently detangle, starting from the tips and moving upwards.
- For added definition, scrunch the hair and let it air-dry or use a diffuser.
- If waves become frizzy during the day, you can reapply the no nasties kids detangler as needed by spraying into your hands and working through the hair.
- Check out our Curly Girl Approved Ingredients Curly Hair Pack Here
- Condition hair and divide wet/damp hair into smaller sections.
- Apply the detangler to each section, working it through with your fingers.
- Use a wide-tooth comb or our Detangler Brush to gently detangle each section.
- Twist or braid each detangled section to prevent further tangling while you work on the rest of your hair.
- Once all sections are detangled, you can style your hair as desired. Adding No Nasties Kids Hair Gel (Curly Girl Approved Ingredients) into wet hair (after detangling) will also help the hair to set without drying it out!
Tips for All Hair Types:
- Choose natural Detangler Sprays free from hormone disruptors, drying alcohol and made with nourishing ingredients.
- Start detangling from the tips to avoid causing unnecessary breakage and brush hair when wet and conditioned.
- Be patient and gentle; forcing your way through tangles can lead to hair damage.
- Adjust the amount of detangler spray based on the length and thickness of the hair.
- Regularly trim hair to remove split ends, which can contribute to tangling.
Why Is No Nasties Kids Detangler The Best For My Little One?
No Nasties Kids detangler is gentle and effective, it doesn’t have any nasty ingredients, it uses natural fragrances, natural preservatives and is free from drying alcohols, polysorbate, phenoxyethanol and other chemicals that are a huge no-no in our books!
By understanding your child’s hair type and following the appropriate steps for application and detangling, you can enjoy tangle-free, beautiful locks. Kids love it too, and it can help to create a sense of independence when little ones can do their own hair on school mornings!